You’re a fund manager meeting with trustees of a major pension pot for a face to face investor presentation at last. Of course you’ve got a quality pitch book, effective risk management controls, pedigree management team. Of course you know your investor’s appetite for risk, fund mandate, investment criteria, current portfolio… So what? Other rival fund management teams have all of that as well.
Investors buy on impulse, not cold, hard logic. They base their buying decision on how they feel about you. They invest in people not algorithms so appeal to their emotions. What gets them excited? How can you make a connection with them? They will make their decision in the first 30 seconds of your investor presentation, so make sure your performance is gripping from the off. It’s simply not enough to know a “top 10 tips” for an investor pitch found through a last minute Google search. Won’t help you on the big day one iota.
You need to take the time to examine and develop your communication skills. How can you stand out from the crowd? We’ll show you practical ways to build effective presentations and pitch your ideas in the best possible manner. Actors are used to finding a neutrality before going on stage or in front of a camera. These relaxation techniques will help you control nerves so you’re totally focused on your client and able to execute a wining investor pitch. Establish dialogue. Dull facts and figures are forgotten within seconds whereas stories or pieces of theatre stay with us long after the event. Any new communication skills and presentation skills have to be rehearsed time and again until you can perform confidently without thinking.
Keep it short, punchy, concise and remember the old showbiz adage – leave them wanting more..!
“Jaws in space”
– Legendary film pitch for the film Alien
INVESTOR PRESENTATION TRAINING FAQS
- Focused, intense 1:1 training for executives who are working towards an investor pitch
- Relevant for small teams pitching as a group
- Series of sessions – practical exercises adapted from theatre and actor training with rigorous rehearsal
- We focus on you learning by doing the actual investor presentation
- We focus on finding the key message for the potential investor
- Our training helps you dealing with tough questions
- We create a mock “dragon’s den” scenario
- Learn structure for a major pitch/investor presentation
- Investor presentation training which simulates pressure of live audience
- Work with distilling the key message
- Working effectively with relevant visual aids
- Series of bespoke training exercises that will improve your structure, speech and performance
- Greater chance of securing funding or winning the contract
- Absolute focus – either 1:1 or for small team
- Supportive yet challenging experience
- Thorough rehearsal to embed learning
- Develop your innate investor pitch style
- Improve ability to deal with tough questions
- Dedicated support throughout the process
- Ongoing rehearsal and feedback
- Thorough rehearsal process with highly experienced actor/trainers
- Safe, confidential environment
- We can work days, evenings, weekends – our investor pitch training sessions always work around your schedule
- A series of half days is optimal
- Wherever you need us, wherever the right locations are.
- We are London based, however we can work anywhere in the world
- We can work with you throughout build up to your investor presentation
- Usually client premises or a neutral training venue – we can arrange this with quality management training centres
- Varies according to how many sessions you need in the build up to your investor presentation
- We have a considerable amount of business experience in investment banking, fund management and blue chip organisations. In addition to working within leadership development, coaching and training.
- We are very experienced actors, writers, directors so know first hand what works well when performing to an audience and stakes are high.