Influencing Skills Training
Influencing skills are vital in today’s workplace. Whether working on project teams or the usual day to day, those who are able to influence direct reports, peers and senior management are at a clear advantage. We’re in an era where if you can’t influence somebody to buy what you’re selling you don’t have a business. It is impossible to change people but we might be able to change the way they react to us if we choose to communicate differently. As part of Influencing skills training we look at emotional intelligence and other people’s drivers. Annoyingly not all other people necessarily think, do and behave how we do or indeed how we would like them to..! Influencing is an important skill set in the context of leadership development. Being conscious to observe others and what drives them is the first step in exercising real influence.
Every meeting you are in you’ve most likely got to persuade somebody around to your way of thinking. Influencing skills training will help you get the outcome you want without the other person feeling that they have lost out. Our influencing skills training will harness and develop your ability to get what you need.
Influencing Skills Training Outcomes
Our influencing skills training will enable you to:
- Get the result or outcome that you want
- Understand the impact you have on others
- Learn to dial up or down your approach to suit whoever you are influencing
- Achieve more win win scenarios
- Bring people along with your perspective
- Strengthen relationships
- Develop your awareness of verbal and non-verbal aspects
- Overcome buyer resistance
- Further your personal brand as someone who gets things achieved
“The key to successful leadership
is influence not authority.”
– Kenneth H Blanchard
Influencing Skills Training Course Details
What will I do?
- Focus on your own and other people’s motivations
- Learn how to relax
- Place your focus on the behaviour of others
- Create rapport and truly listen
- Ask the right questions
- Sell the benefits
- Ensure that relationships are strengthened
Duration – Burst (2hours), half day or one day influencing skills training course.
Where does it take place?
- Client premises, or
- Independent training venue – there’s nothing like getting away from the desk for a rich learning experience!
How much does it cost?
- Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your specific needs and we’ll put together a quote for you
What have others experienced?
- Check out our case studies
See our blog posts for influencing skills tips