When you think of Richard Branson – you know his leadership style immediately. He’s a rule breaker, dynamic, informal, creative, entrepreneurial. What type of leader are you or do you want to be? Personal Branding is a leadership course for business leaders who want to sharpen up and managers looking to become leaders.
Business leaders are judged on how they look and how they speak way before anyone cares about what they have to say. A cheap suit, scuffed shoes, limp handshake and lack of eye contact will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. Unfair? Probably. Harsh reality? Absolutely and particularly in the age of social media. So the first and last impression a senior executive makes is crucial.
A strong brand is everything today and without it people are not clear what they are buying into or following. As a leader you’ve got to have a clear vision with consistent values that your teams can clearly see and understand that they are following. Personal branding is about knowing who you are and what you stand for.
So what are your values, beliefs and stories? How do they correlate with your organisation? And what is the best version of you that you want to project?
Personal Branding Outcomes
Developing your personal brand will enable you to:
- Gain insight into what impression you make
- Feel confident in your leadership style
- Identify opportunities to increase personal visibility
- Understand your behaviour and the impact you have on others
- Control and make decisions about how you behave, talk, walk, present yourself
- Develop influence over different personality types in your teams
- Understand how to dial up or down your level of status and confidence
“Your brand is what people
say about you when you
are not in the room.”
– Jeff Bezos
Personal Branding Course Details
What will I do?
- Workshop and mind map the type of leader you want to be and what you need to do to become that leader
- Define your Image – how you look / what you wear / how you sound
- Look at the power of online networking – linkedin, twitter, even facebook – every communication touch point
- Practice leadership assertiveness through role play exercises
- Improve and learn personal networking
- Practice confidence. Do confidence
- Practice presenting and public speaking with engaging story-telling
- Practice communicating as a leader
Duration – Burst (2hours), half day or one day personal branding training course
How much does it cost?
- £1,000 for a one to one session – Burst (up to 2 hours). We recommend a series of Burst sessions
- £1,500 for a one to one session – half day
Where does it take place?
- Client premises, or
- Independent training venue – there’s nothing like getting away from the desk for a rich learning experience!
What have others experienced?
- Check out our case studies
See our blog posts tips for leadership skills tips
- Crucial Advantages of Building a Personal Brand
- 5 Unusual Tips for Personal Branding
- Build a Great Brand