Presentation Skills Training
Beginners presentation skills training is an introduction to presenting for those who haven’t experienced a lot of speaking in public and now increasingly have to present to small to medium sized groups. In this course we will cover how to structure a presentation, how to incorporate slide decks in an effective way. Sharpening your core message, bringing out your innate communication style and dealing with any nerves around presenting. Our course content is tailored to your skill level and with a maximum of 10 people on each group course you will practice in front of an audience in a safe environment.
Presentation Skills Training Outcomes
Our presentation skills training will allow you to:
- Explore how presentations work
- Explore your own style of communication
- Learn to present without reading from slides
- Use a simple structure to help you and to guide your audience
- Engage with your audience
- Speak with confidence
- Learn techniques to overcome nerves
- Greater influence with colleagues and stakeholders
- Deliver your message clearly
- Effective use of the stage or space
- Greater awareness of your voice and body language
- Learn to use visual aids and support materials
‘All the great speakers
were bad speakers first.’
– Ralph Walder Emerson
Presentation Skills Course Details
What will you do?
- Many group and solo exercises derived from theatre training and adapted for the needs of business people. Specific, practical exercises tailored to your needs in the moment, whilst simulating the kind of pressure experienced when you present to an audience and the stakes are high.
- A rehearsal process where you learn the importance of practicing your presentation until it becomes second nature. presentation rehearsal means learning is fully embedded. Without such thorough rehearsal your message may not land with clarity and it could be a lost opportunity.
- Introduction to a simple presentation structure, identifying your core message, diaphragmatic breathing to help combat nerves, posture, power of pausing, vocal techniques, dealing with audience questions… These are just some of the specifics that will be addressed to make you a truly dynamic communicator.
- As no two individuals communicate in precisely the same way, our approach varies from person to person and group to group depending on ability and experience. We adapt our courses to suit your skills and your business needs.
- The focus is on nurturing your innate presentation style. Our role is to guide, prompt, encourage, stimulate, challenge and support you without an overload of theory.
Where does it take place?
- Client premises or
- Independent training venue – there’s nothing like getting away from the desk for a rich learning experience!
Duration – Burst (2hours), half day or one day beginners presentation training course
How much does it cost?
- £750 for a one to one session – burst (up to 2 hours)
- £1,250 for a one to one session – half day
- £3,000 for small groups (up to 8 participants) – half day
- £4,500 for small groups (up to 8 participants) – full day
What have others experienced?
- Check out our client testimonials
Ideas for presentation skills
TED Talks are a great way to observe people with a wide range of presentation techniques. It can be useful to watch these presentations alongside your training so that you can see what works and what doesn’t work so well from your perspective. https://www.ted.com/talks
- The Guardian’s top tips for improving presentation skills
- Ted’s most popular talks of all
- Worst presentation ever
See our blog posts for presentation training tips< back to Presenting Skills